You may wonder what it's like being Talley Leighton O'Neal; in a word, it's awesome.
In many words, it's a daily festival of singing, dancing, playing, dress-wearing, and milk-drinking where you may find yourself laughing one minute and tantruming the next. Each day begins with me singing a medley of merry tunes in my crib. Then I call Mommy and Daddy for pick up and request to be transported to their room where I may play on their bed with brother or request to "see the horsies one more time." (I love watching re-runs of the Triple Crown horse races!) From there, the party moves on to the play room while breakfast is prepared for me. I love pretending to swim in the river illustrated on my play mat. I also love playing with dolls, Barbies, stuffed animals, cars, trucks, and the alphabet Elmo game on the iPad. After my morning play time at home and Maverick's morning nap, the rest of the day is a surprise adventure until my afternoon nap. I may head up to the lake (love the water, HATE the sand), meet up with some friends for a play date, go to dance class, or just kick it at home and play on the back porch with a bucket of water. Lunch is prepared for me at some point prior to nap time which is preceded by story time. After my nap is family fun time (or once a week it's swim time!). Daddy gets home from work, dinner is served, I get to take a bath, and we read more stories before bed time.
I'm pretty happy with my routine as is; however, apparently, change is a comin' now that I'm two and a half. I've heard Daddy and Mommy talking about me "giving up my paci" and "getting potty trained" soon. I like my paci and my diapers, so I don't think I'm going to like this change stuff. They're going to have to get creative and find a way to make it worth my while if they want to get me on board with their plans. It's at least going to take some princess undies and a prettier potty for me to even think about ditching the convenience of diapers.
- Talley
P.S. Like my top? It's from Cousin Missy's Oh Fiddlesticks shop! Thank you, Missy, Alan, Paisley, and Magnolia!
No comments:
Post a Comment