There's so much to do when you are two! I sing, dance, and play to my heart's content. Some of the things I enjoy most are playing with Barbies ("Can you hold Steve?"), building block castles with windows for Barbies, being a little mommy for my baby dolls, coloring, playing with stickers, swimming, and wearing toot-toots and dancing like a ballerina (I know how to arabesque, plie, and pirohoutte!). I love everything princesses and animals, especially horses. I really like to talk too. I can speak in complete sentences and I even crack a few jokes ("Is that funny?"). I make funny connections to things based on the books I read and games I play. I've started calling our toilet The City of Yuck and when Mommy drives over speed bumps I say, "Whoa Mommy! Bucking bronco!" I still choose to do some baby talk here and there, though, because Mommy and Daddy think it's so cute. They especially love it when I say, "I hold you?" when I want to be held. Gets 'em every time!
My favorite songs right now are "Barnyard Dance" and Jesus songs. Today I have been singing Kumbaya My Lord. (Did you know that means "Come By Here?") I have been very interested in God/Jesus lately. I ask Mommy and Daddy to read my Bible books a lot.
I've been getting more into the whole big sister thing too. When Maverick cries, I ask him what he wants (milk? yogurt?) and then I tell him it's ok and to stop crying. I also like to tickle him and show him how to play with his toys. Sometimes I don't like it when he's being held a lot. Then I ask that he be put down and that Talley be picked up instead. Sometimes I pretend I'm a baby too. I lay down on his play mat or in his crib and kick and flap about while grunting and squealing. It's fun for a little bit and it usually gets a good laugh. Then I like to get up and do fun two-year old stuff again.
Anyway, I don't see why being two gets such a bad rap. It's not been terrible at all; in fact, I think it's pretty terrific! I'm excited to see what else this terrific year will bring.
No comments:
Post a Comment