Sunday, February 27, 2011

Er-ic! Er-ic! Er-ic!




Recently my best friend, Eric, and his parents, Jon and Leslie, came to visit us.  They drove all the way from LA through stormy weather with two-wheel drive and with Eric's future baby sister, Natasha, in utero.  I was so excited to see them!  I have been sporadically chanting "Er-ic!" while pounding my elbow since we last visited in October.  I have even been trying to teach Maverick how to do it too.

While they were here, we went to the nearby park and we played in the snow.  We also hung out at our house in my playroom (aka Talley Town).

What I love so much about Eric is that we can be silly and dance and sing and play together, but then we can also sit down and have a nice conversation.  One of the nights we sat down to dinner on my picnic table and Eric got up with his plate from his place across the table from me to move and sit right next to me.  Then we proceeded to have fascinating conversation.  See sample dialogue below:

Talley: Eric, are you eating?
Eric: Yeah

See what I mean?  I consider myself very blessed to have such a great friend.  It's hard to find the whole package these days.

Thank you so much for coming to visit us.  That was so awesome of you to make the trip.  We're looking forward to seeing you again in LA over the summer and meeting Baby Natasha!

- Talley

No comments:

Post a Comment