We're always doing cool stuff with Mommy's MOMS Club. Play dates, service projects, local business tours, community events - you name it!
Here is a pic taken of me during a recent tour we did of a fire station in Sparks.
The firefighters showed us where they sleep and eat. They also showed us how they respond in an emergency. One of them even slid down the pole, suited up, and drove off in the big fire truck! They wanted us kids to see what firefighters are all about so that we wouldn't be scared if one of them ever came to help us during an emergency. Lots of children run and hide when firefighters are trying to rescue them. I definitely would have been one of those children before our visit to the fire station. I was really scared of the suited up guy at first. He turned out to be alright, though, and now I've decided I like firefighters. If you visit me, please ask me about our trip to the fire station because I love talking about it!
-Talley
No comments:
Post a Comment