Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Mav at 15 Months


My 15 month check up went great!  The doc says I'm developing just like I'm supposed to.  I'm up to 22 pounds and I'm getting taller too.  My favorite words at the moment are "ball," "Bubba," and "more" ("ma").  These words are sufficient to communicate what I want most of the time, so I feel no real urgency to learn more. 

I am an extremely physical little man.  I especially love using my head as a wrecking ball and throwing things.  I have also developed a passion for vacuuming and dancing (I even know parts of Talley's upcoming recital dance!).  I like to give whopping high fives and big open mouth kisses that turn into bites.  Speaking of bites, I have several teeth now!  Four coming in steadily across the top and two little ones on the bottom.   

I still love playing in the pantry and I now love playing in toilets and sneaking into the shower to get my feet wet too. A higher level of child proofing has been implemented to prevent me from going to some of my favorite haunts.  However, I sieze upon any opportunities I see and move quickly any time the guards may be down.

Though I mainly like to be on the move, I am starting to like sitting down to be read to.  Can you hear Mommy shouting, Hallelujah?  A couple times a day, I will get in the mood and I will start pulling books off the shelves and backing into Daddy or Mommy's lap to have a cuddle and hear a story.  It is one of Mommy and Daddy's favorite times with me.  Something else I do that they find adorable is when I ask for one more hug at bed time by raising my one index finger in the air.  I also ask for kisses on the head by patting my head.  I am rarely denied.  :)

And that's the 15 month update!

Stay tuned for further developments.

- Maverick

1 comment:

  1. Gosh but you have gotten so big Mav. I must admit you are a lot of fun now and a lot more affectionate to Grandma'a !!!YAY!!! Can't wait to see you in 2 weeks with Andy Pop. He will be surprised at all the new things you can do and how well you communicate :)
    Love you and your sister very much
    Grandma Linda

    ReplyDelete