Sunday, January 22, 2012

Mav Checking In at One Year Old

I had my one-year check up at the pediatrician's office a couple weeks ago.  I weighed in at 20 pounds and four ounces and measured 28 3/4 inches long.  The doctor was happy with my development and said I'm lookin 'good!

At 12 Months, I'm learning so much!  My babbling sometimes mimicks real sentence sounds.  I still say "mama" and "dada."  I call mostly everything else "da," but with particular gusto when it's for a dog.  I'm starting to wean myself from breastfeeding.  I've found that drinking from a sippy cup is actually pretty convenient.  I've also discovered a love for the ladies, particularly Belizeans and women of the grandma variety.  I'm a big time flirt and when I find a lady I like I will shun my mommy for her.  (No offense, Mommy.  You know I love you.)
My gross motor skills are progressing too.  A few days before my first birthday, I took my first successive steps.  Since then, I've gradually increased the number of steps I can take before taking a rest on my bottom.  Here is a link to a video of me walking:

Video of Maverick Walking

There are lots of things I enjoy besides walking too.  Below is a list of my top 12 pass times at 12 Months.  

Mav's Top 12 at 12:

1) Being a wildebeast in the bath tub
2) Eating everything in sight
3) Throwing anything I can pick up, especially food.  Balls are fun too.
4) Pulling things off shelves – particularly the books in Talley’s room and food in the pantry
 5) Playing with the dog bowls

6) Flipping the diaper pail top back and forth, wafting a tantalizing dirty diaper aroma through the room
7) Climbing up and down Talley’s pink lounge chair (pictured above)
8) Dislodging the ipod from its speaker dock
9) Walking with my push toy
10) Tampering with the closet doors
11) Playing peek-a-boo (or a variation of the game I play during nursing that I like to call "peek-a-boob")
12) Drumming (or really just banging anything around to get a loud sound)
Being one is off to a fun start!  I'm looking forward to seeing what other exciting things are in store this year.
- Maverick

No comments:

Post a Comment