Monday, March 28, 2011

The Forts Roll Deep to Reno

 Last week, my beloved Godbrother, Dylan (formerly known as Dyn-Dyn), came to see me!  He and his family as well as one of his brother's friends (6 in total) drove all the way from Fontana, CA in a huge RV bus to visit with us for a couple days.  Dylan's parents didn't tell him where they were going until they actually got here, so it was a fun surprise when he came to our door.  The weather was a little crazy with a snow storm passing through, so we mostly hung out at our house.  We did get out once to go to Jump Man Jump, which was a blast.  Only downer was that I was sick afterwards with some sort of icky flu bug.  I didn't let it slow me down too much, though.  I still managed 300 laps around the kitchen island holding Dylan's hand and 200 ring-around-the-rosie dances with him. 
Dylan had also wanted to go snowboarding, but the resorts were closed due to the severity of the storm.  Mommy went with him and the rest of the Fort entourage to a nearby park to sled and snowboard the hills there as a consolation one night after I fell asleep.  They had a good time although it got cut a bit short by neighborhood security.  Cathy, Dylan's mommy, has a good photo of the whole crew that we'll post here once she shares it.

It was really fun to see everyone and I'm so glad they made the trip.  The Forts are good people and good company.  Hope to see them all again soon!

- Talley

No comments:

Post a Comment